Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Some Like it HOT...

I know I am a True TX girl, but this heat is going to kill me.  It is only mid June and we are well into triple digit temperatures everyday.  I don't think I'm going to survive. I was so excited to be able to get outside and start being active, but I don't even like walking to my car in this heat.  I swear my skin was burning just from walking to my car from school today. (If you have ever had to park at UTSA you know that is a hike though.)

The thing that kills me are all theses crazies out running in the heat of the day.  Hello people, YOU ARE GOING TO DIE OUT THERE!  Many moons ago when I aspired to to be a marathon runner, I would run on the access road of 1604.  One day I went out for a 6 mile run and I literally wanted to jump in front of a car to be put out of my misery, and it was only like 80 degrees outside.  I swear there were vultures following me waiting for me to drop, and not the cool ones that talked like the Beatles from The Jungle Book.   I could see there creepy shadows on the road, True Story.



I know I should be used to it, but I'm not and don't think I ever will be.  So where "Some Like it Hot", I DO NOT!  And now I have that Robert Palmer song playing in my head over and over, and Bananarama.(I am a true child of the 80's.)

"Hot summer streets and the pavements are burning I sit around. Trying to smile but the air is so heavy and dry....It's a cruel cruel summer..." Bananarama

1 comment:

Bruceville said...

Please don't die friend.