Friday, June 10, 2011

Welcome to my crazy little world

Well, after much thought I have decided to start a blog.  If for some reason you are reading this and you don't know me, here's a little background info.  I'm a TX girl born and raised!  I love TX.  It's not just where I live, it's who I am.  I come from one of those crazy families where my parents are still married, and we have dinner together at least twice a week. (sad that we are not the norm.)  I have an older sister who has a two year old daughter.  They are my life!  We all live within a mile of each other, so we can't get away from each other if we tried.


Back to me...I am a 30 year old recent college graduate.  Why did it take me so long to finish school?  Refer to my blog title for your answer.  I had given up on school after many failed attempts to finish a semester of classes when the most wonderful thing happened to me...I found Christ.  In 2007, I accepted Christ into my life and decided to start making some life changes.  I could either sit around and complain about the crappy hand I had been dealt, or I could start to change things for the better.  So that's what I did.  I slowly went back to school and have finally finished my undergrad.  I am so proud of this accomplishment, but now this means I have to grow up and get a real job. Ugh!!!


My goal in life has been to marry rich so that I won't have to work.  Well, that's taking a little longer than expected so let the job search begin...  My posts will highlight the struggles a 30 year old single aunt goes through day to day.  I hope that you find humor, hope, or inspiration while you read.  I leave you with a line from the song that inspired my blog title.


"Well I never seem to do it like anybody else, Maybe someday I'm gonna settle down.  If you ever wanna find me I can still be found, Taking the Long Way Around.....Dixie Chicks

No comments: